India Visa




How to apply for your India Visa:

You will need to fill out forms from TRAVISA OUTSOURCING.
They say it can be processed same day but that wasn’t the case with me.  I applied in New York and walked mine in before Noon expecting to have it the same day but they didn’t allow it.  I had to make a return appointment to pick it up.

If you have the time I recommend mailing it.

Applying by Mail:
Go to TRAVISA OUTSOURCING. and fill out the application online.  This process will take about 10min.  You will need your passport number.  
(If you don't have a passport start here)
Print it and have it sent from a FedEx or UPS.
Below are the items you will need to mail in:

  • Visa Application
  • Passport
  • Photographs
  • Proof of Address
  • For Minors Only- Copy of Birth Certificate
  • For Minors Only- Parents' Passport Copies
  • Money Order 






***As mentioned in your acceptance letter from Rising Star, be sure to mark “TOURIST“ as the reason for visiting India.  READ THAT PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY.  (page 17)

If you have questions as to why, please email the Rising Star office.


Melissa Tours & Travels will be your contact address on your form or your hotel info.

Melissa Tours & Travels
New Delhi
110017-INDIA
Phone: 91-98101-95246
 or 





564, Anna Salai 

Chennai, 600018 India


YOU WILL NEED THIS CONTACT INFO WHEN LANDING IN INDIA.  
I taped it to my passport so I’d have it when accessing my passport information too.


Walk in Applications:
They are very strict with appointments and payment, so follow all directions carefully.  (no backpacks.  Cell phones must be off, etc.)  Each appointment took me about 25min once I got in the door. (I waited in line outside for over an hour.) 

 Several people have the same appointment time as you, so even though your appointment is at 11am expect 40-50 other people to be there too.  
You wait in line, first come first serve so the process can take awhile. 
 Make sure you do have an appointment because they will not let you in the building if your name is NOT on the list.  The only way you can make an appointment is online.  They will not allow you to walk in to make an appointment.

Still have questions? Email me!

Once you have both your Passport and Visa book your flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment