Taxi






Taxi’s come in many shapes and sizes in India.  Another name is Rickshaw.  The one above is a common one.  This is what the Taxi's at the airport look like (Below):
This is the bicycle rickshaw you will experience in New Delhi if you take that optional tour:






 The above picture gives a great visual of how it feels if you have a driver that is showing off.  At some point, if you are shopping, you will come across large groups of Indian men beckoning you to take THEIR taxi.  It's a crazy experience.  They jump and wave their arms, yelling all sorts of flattering words at you hoping you will choose them to be your driver.
Let me send a word of caution...choose "WISELY"  
Of course, I picked the young handsome man to drive me and my friend back to our hotel.  BIG MISTAKE!  I feared for my life.  He was a show off.  Of all the taxi rides, his was NOT cool.  So, if you get to choose your driver pick the quiet one or the OLD man!  


I found anytime I got in a vehicle it was an “experience.”  I'll clarify that with a FUN experience. (Except for the above mentioned)  The drivers are kind and usually chat along the way.   I felt safe.  But always use caution.
Be sure to ask the price BEFORE you get in the Taxi, and take a business card from the Hotel so you know where to return! :0
The Hotel staff are great resources too.  They are very helpful.  Ask them how much they would pay for a taxi to your destination.  Then you can talk your taxi driver down to your price.

Still Have Questions?  Email me!

 I will post shopping mall addresses soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ask them how much they would pay for a cab cab to your getaway. Then you can discuss your cab cab car owner down to your cost.

    taxi in streatham

    ReplyDelete